Friday, January 13, 2006

One Year Later...

Well, it was one year ago today that I started blogging, and I figure that would be a significant enough day to decide to stop. As I said in the previous post, it's just gotten so that I don't enjoy it as much anymore. Trying to come up with something interesting to write about on a semi-regular basis was becoming like work, and I'm the kind of person who likes to do as little work as possible.

But, enough about that. On to the real post for today.

While I love almost every single post that I've ever written on my blog, I will admit that there are a bunch that are better than others. I tried to shorten this list, but I didn't get too far. Oh well. Just click on the ones you want.

Mr Humble Guy's Favourite Posts For 2005

January: Shortly after my first blog post ever, I recalled how I tried to obtain some cheap DVDs and PS2 games with unfortunate results. As well, I posted about a night when I went out drinking with my friends and didn't come home, much to the shock of Mrs Humble.

February: I posted about the wonderful invention called the car alarm and my Valentines day debacle.

March: I had a post where I taught myself a new insult (to my own surprise). There was also the post where I had a face off between Reality Television vs A Kick to the Junk. Finally, I created my own Van Damme movie outline.

April: Here, I decided that I had discovered the worst tagline ever for a company.

May: Iron Keith and I discussed about the merits of a toilet powerful enough to flush the Quran.

June: I had an entry that talked about my recent home renovations and how everything was made more difficult because I was dropping everything. This was the month where I made the (unfortunate) "Diaper Sex" post, as well as found out some shocking news about my wife's new iPod.

July: This post talked about how a lot of movies are showing their logos burning, and and this one remarked at all the different dirty anagrams you could make from "Mr Humble Guy"

August: There was a post where I recalled my diverse range of emotions for my new air conditioning unit. I also explained my problems with the concept of dieting, and began to notice the ill effects of having a post with the title "Diaper Sex".

September: I finally decided to make a post about Hurricane Katrina. There was also an entry where I joked about yoga and one where I was ashamed at some of the CDs I still had.

October: In this post, I gave my faithful readers an easy 21 Step method to having pizza for supper. I also doctored up an image so people could get an idea of what I look like in real life.

November: Here I wrote a letter to 50 Cent inquiring as to why he is so popular, and here I vented my frustrations against a video game.

December: A top contender for my all time favourite post is my public service announcement for people who are having IBS sufferers as house guests. Finally, there was this post where I noted the lack of people in the Christmas spirit this year.

To my regular readers, thank you so much for supporting my blog over this year. Brad, Iron Keith, Silent Observer, Rebecca Marie, Chuck, Rocky, Corporal Kickyourass, Captain Howdy Girl, Wirthy, Elisabeth, and all the others who visited (I know that I'm missing a ton of you, and I'm sorry), I sincerely thank you. I will still try to comment on your blogs every once in awhile.

Who knows? Maybe I'll get that itch again and decide one day to come out of retirement. Or maybe it's just those pesky crabs again and I'll have to go get that special shampoo the doctor recommended. Either way, take care everyone.

Mr Humble Guy

3 Comments:

At 9:26 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

best wishes! thanks for the laughs.

 
At 1:05 a.m., Blogger The Corporal said...

Um... Happy Birthday!

Do blogs have birthdays? A year of blogging is a hell of a lot of writing!

Congrats!

 
At 3:30 p.m., Blogger The Corporal said...

Why would you quit blogging. That is completely unacceptable.

Dammit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home