Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Weekly Wednesday Asshat Award...

Who should it be this week? I was actually considering doing another political one. Saddam Hussein has been quite an asshat in court this week. Actually, he's been quite an asshat every week. I think I'll wait until he completely loses it and starts breakdancing in court before I award him this prestigious trophy.

However, I've decided to award it to a man whose still desperately clinging to his fifteen minutes: Tom Green.

Tom Green: Blessed and cursed with the ability to smell farts through the internet

I'll freely admit that when he first had naked ladies painted on his parents car, I had a hearty laugh. His antics were like nothing I'd ever seen before. But there's a reason for that. Quite soon afterwards, Tom Green's antics got old. He had a television show and a marriage to Drew Barrymore, so he unfortunately stayed in the public eye for awhile.

When those ended, Tom Green quickly faded into obscurity. Oh, if only he could stay that way.

But no, he decided to resurface this week with a rap album.
Tom Green doing a rap album. That sentence just pisses me off so much that I don't even know where to begin.

Are they just giving record deals to anyone calling themselves a rap artist now? Pretty soon Barney is going to have a fucking gangsta rap album.

I be down witch you. You be down wit me. I'll bust a cap in yo ass if you dis my family, bitch.

This week I don't need to go into any detail at all. I just have to say it once again: Tom Green released a rap album this week. It's a clear winner for the "Mr Humble Guy Award For Outstanding Asshattery" trophy.

Well, it's no Grammy, but at least it's something...

5 Comments:

At 8:33 a.m., Blogger rebecca marie said...

hey, mr humble guy - feel free to delete this comment after you read it....

i took all comments to heart, and even though you and chg were the only ones asking me to remove the post (you very gently and kindly), i did decide to remove it... but i reposted all of the haikus.

i'm just sorry she is refusing to post my comments on her site now. she is accusing me of refusing to comment, but i have tried. i've tried to apologize, and at this point there is nothing more i can do.

like i said, feel free to delete this... i don't want to bring a "war" over here...

you were just very kind in your refusal to take sides so i wanted you to know what i had done to rectify the situation.

 
At 11:50 a.m., Blogger mr_humble_guy said...

Hey RM,

I noticed that you reposted all the haikus, and I'm sorry that a neat game of haikus caused such a shit storm to go down.

It's so hard for me to take sides in this situation. I can understand where both of you are coming from. You wanted to share the game with regular viewers of your blog (which happens to have a large percentage of "conservative" readers that might be offended by some of the content on CHG's blog). CHG, on the other hand, obviously would like to be credited for coming up with a neat idea that regular readers seem to enjoy.

I was hoping that by removing the post, it would be a sign of good faith towards CHG. I know that you didn't mean to cause any harm, and I hoped that by taking the post down, it prove that to her too.

Dammit, I just want everything to be normal again! I love both of your blogs, and it really sucks that this is going on right now.

 
At 12:02 p.m., Blogger rebecca marie said...

don't worry, it's not "going on" anymore. as far as i'm concerned, it's over... i mostly wanted you to know how i ended up handling it on my end, cause you were so nice to me about it. i'd never ask you to "take sides." i didn't even want for there to be a need for them.

 
At 3:52 p.m., Blogger Chuck said...

Isn't Tom a uni-baller now? I seem to remember he lost a nut a few years back.

By the way, I tried the Big Rock while I was in Banff. Excellent stuff! I liked the Kokanee better though. If you'd be willing to ship me a case or two I'll gladly give you my Amex number!!

 
At 12:07 p.m., Blogger Keith said...

I come to Mr Humble's website for 2 things. The funny, and the funny. The majority of the above comments are not funny. If you aren't talking about beer, funny, or some kind of funny beer, I would suggest trying a non-funny, I'm a whiny bastard who's having an internet arguement with a person I've never met, blog. I'm sure they're out there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home