Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Well, Someone Had To Say It...

I've actually spent about a week mulling over the political correctness of blogging about the Hurricane Katrina disaster. As you know, it's not my style to blog about anything really serious. I blog to make fun of the stupid stuff that happens in life, and for me to joke about anything Katrina-related would probably be crossing the line for a lot of people.

Then again, I didn't start this blog with the intention of making friends, so here we go.
  • Hurricane starts. There is massive destruction and the death toll is unknown.

    Mr Humble Guy thinks:
    My goodness, that's terrible...I mean, it's on every single channel...

  • Days afterwards, people start looting.

    Mr Humble Guy thinks:
    Well, they haven't been receiving a lot of supplies. They probably just need food. Go ahead, looters! Stick it to the Man!

  • Video of the looting shows people stealing computers and televisions.

    Mr Humble Guy thinks:
    You fucking morons! What are you going to do with a computer? THERE'S NO FUCKING POWER!

  • People at the Superdome complain that they're stranded.

    Mr Humble Guy thinks:
    I can understand that some people are injured and cannot move easily on their own. These people need a bus to take them somewhere safe. But the last time I checked, buses don't float too well. That means if they're transporting people out by bus, there must be a clear road. If you're so desperate to get out of there, then get off your fucking ass and walk.

  • Some of the rescue workers get shot at by the people they are trying to save.

    Mr Humble Guy thinks:
    Uh, I don't think that's really helping the rescue operations go any more smoothly, but thanks for trying...

  • A benefit concert with a bunch of celebrities is to be held.

    Mr Humble Guy thinks:
    Okay, so a bunch of guys whose combined income is in the billions are going to appear on television without having to make a contribution themselves to plead for money from the public. That's a pretty good deal for these celebrities: An awesome publicity stunt without any up-front cost.

  • At said benefit concert, Kanye West departs from his scripted comments and says that President George Bush doesn't care about black people.

    Mr Humble Guy thinks:
    Who was that nigger up there with Mike Myers? (I realize that I'm probably creating a shit storm by using the 'n' word, but everyone just calm down. I'm only kidding. I honestly don't hate black people.)

  • While he is on a rescue mission, Sean Penn's motor boat gets a hole in it and starts taking on water. He is able to bail the water out and get back to shore safely.

    Mr Humble Guy thinks:
    Goddammit! Who gave that man a bail?
Well, now that I've said all that, I've probably got a lot of nasty comments coming my way. Time to duck and cover...

4 Comments:

At 3:33 p.m., Blogger Keith said...

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU DON'T YOU HAVE SOUL THAT IS SO CRUEL AND INSENSITIVE AND OTHER BAD STUFF TWO. I HOPE YORE HOUSE FLOODS AND ALL OF YOU'RE FAMILY DIES AND THAT YOUR HOUSE IS RECKED AND YOU GET ECOLEYE AND THAT YOU AHVE TO EAT YOU OWN SHIT AND SO ON!

GOD DOESN'T LOVE YOU.

 
At 12:54 p.m., Blogger Keith said...

Sadly, typing does not offer me the ability to show sarcasm. I was attempting to be one of those ignorant God fearing types, quick to judge and slow to think.

I pity the fool, who don't get Keith.

 
At 11:06 a.m., Blogger The Corporal said...

You used the "N" Word!

I don't know if thats as bad as it used to be though. They call each other that all the time.

Like; "Hey, whats up, my [N-WORD]?"

And; Shut your mouth, [N-WORD]!"

Are we just not allowed to use it because we're not black?

 
At 6:18 p.m., Blogger rebecca marie said...

thanks for saying what we're all thinking... right on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home