Friday, December 02, 2005

A Late Response...

Two days ago, the grocery store chain Safeway issued a warning to consumers in British Columbia and Alberta that some of the ground beef sold lately could potentially be contaminated with E.coli bacteria.

The problem is that this beef was packaged between October 5th and October 20th. Between just over an month to almost two months ago.

Well, thanks for the warning! Though if you would have told me that when you should have, that E.coli contaminated ground beef wouldn't have spent the last few weeks as an E.coli contaminated turd floating through the sewer system.

In the spirit of this warning, I feel it is my duty to give one too. ATTENTION! A NASTY HURRICANE WILL HIT THE NEW ORLEANS AREA NEAR THE END OF AUGUST 2005. TOURISTS ARE STRONGLY CAUTIONED NOT TO TRAVEL BACK IN TIME TO VISIT NEW ORLEANS DURING THIS PERIOD.

Seriously, they're just figuring this E.coli thing out now? Just as many people purchase ground beef to consume immediately as they do to freeze it. I can only imagine that a large quantity of the people who purchased that beef already had it for dinner weeks ago. Didn't those people get sick? Couldn't they make the connection back then?

Well, at least Safeway is trying to warn the people who still have this stuff in their freezer. I suppose I shouldn't be one to judge. After all, I still have ground beef in the freezer from January 2004.

6 Comments:

At 10:58 p.m., Blogger Chuck said...

Mr Humble Guy,

You may not post daily, but every time I come here I find myself laughing my ass off. Tell me that in real life you are some kind of sitcom writer or you write for Mad Magazine at least. What you wrote about the turd floating and the N.O. warning had me rolling!

I'll be flying into Calgary on Sunday at noon....if you're anywhere near there please meet me at the airport just so I can laugh at you in person! Seriously....I would love to meet up and drink beer with you one day. You're always welcome in Alabama...

Chuck

 
At 12:23 p.m., Blogger Keith said...

I know Mr Humble in real life. He's not funny. Most of the jokes he writes on this site are stitched together from old sugar packets.

Also, a note to Mr Humble:

I would advise against meeting people you know via the internet. Especially those from Alabama. We've all seen Deliverance, and no Mr Humble will not pray for you! Sick bastard! Where's my bow & arrow?

 
At 10:09 p.m., Blogger Chuck said...

For the record Keith, Deliverance was filmed in East Tennessee, not Alabama. But then again, I am a native East Tennessean...so who knows. I have been known to make others squeal like a piggy!

By the way....I'm in Banff and this part of the world is beautiful!

 
At 11:19 p.m., Blogger Keith said...

Fair enough, but I think we can all agree that Burt Reynolds is one fine piece of ace. I know from experience.

Also, I love it that the dude from Alabama was willing to make fun of redneck yockels. Yokels. Yo... whatever, my point being that maybe if I weren't such a redneck Albertan, and I had visited Alabama I would know that they aren't all rednecks. Sadly, I am, and I haven't. YEEHAW!

 
At 8:34 a.m., Blogger mr_humble_guy said...

Hey Chuck, I hope you're enjoying your stay in Banff. Sorry that I missed your message, but I didn't check my email until Sunday night.

While you're in Alberta, make sure you try some Big Rock beer. They brew it here in Calgary and it's fantastic.

When are you heading back to the airport? If our schedules work out, maybe I can still meet up with you for a beer.

 
At 11:50 a.m., Blogger Chuck said...

I would love to compare rednecks with you sometime Keith. I wonder if there is some Redneck code that transends international boundries? I happen to have in my in-box some wonderful pictures in an email that show perfect examples of some Southern US rednecks in action. Send me your email address if you'd like to see them. chuck116@gmail.com

HG, sorry to take over your comments like this. No I haven't tried that beer yet, but now that you've brought it to my attention I will be sure to do so...to excess I'm sure. My wife and I leave the Calgary airport around 1:30pm on Wednesday. You may have to come down to 'Bama for a visit...and bring Keith with you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home