Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Butterfingers...

Mrs. Humble and I have been rather busy as of late with some home renovation projects. This weekend, we mudded over some of the larger holes in the walls, painted the entryway and the kitchen, laid some new linoleum tiles in the entryway and the bathroom, and installed all the baseboards on the main floor. Believe it or not, this busy weekend was a nice, slow pace compared to how work has been going lately.

However, things didn’t go entirely smoothly with the home reno thanks to my butterfingers. I’m not sure what my problem was this weekend, but I couldn’t hold onto anything to save my life. A brief list of the things that I dropped this weekend:

  • A paint brush (full of paint)
  • A paint roller (again, full of paint)
  • A paint can lid (covered in paint, of course)
  • A hammer
  • A pry bar
  • A palm sander
  • A screwdriver (I must have dropped the same one at least five times)
  • Various screws
  • A vacuum cleaner
  • A wrench (luckily, my face broke its fall)
  • Innumerable F-Bombs
  • Two brown baby boys (I call them “The Twins”…I ate way too much the night before at my boss’s stag party)


Well, at least the house looks better. The entryway looks brand new, and the new baseboards really make the main floor look sharp. Overall, it was time and money well spent.

PS - For those of you who know me well and are wondering how my bathroom could be alright after “The Twins”, I assure you that my bathroom is fine. WalMart’s washroom, on the other hand…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home