Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Worst...Tagline...Ever...

I was driving home for lunch yesterday when I passed what looked to be a large green dumptruck, and I couldn't help but notice what this paper recycling company had for a slogan. It was such a stupid tagline that I had to do a double-take because I couldn't believe it. Such a stupid tagline that I forgot what the company was called. Luckily, thanks to my buddy Iron Keith, I found the company name and have the proof that I need.

View Exhibit A (note that the company name has been removed, since Mr Humble doesn't feel like getting sued by said company with the worst tagline ever).



Exhibit B, the circled area blown up

I know that it's low quality, so if you can't read it, the tagline says, "We Pay Cash". That's the tagline for the company. That's the stupidest thing I've heard so far this year. A tagline should say something that appeals to your target customers while still maintaining some dignity. For example, the tagline for Mr Lube: Doing it right. Before Your Eyes®. It implies that when you go to Mr Lube, they'll perform the service on your vehicle at a brisk pace. There is a difference between that and "Mr Lube: We Change The Oil In Your Car". Sure, they both have a message, only the first one doesn't beat you over the head with it.

Besides, even if the company wants to be blunt, it's passing along the wrong message. This company
recycles paper...it doesn't pick up prostitutes.

1 Comments:

At 1:11 p.m., Blogger Keith said...

Might I add that Mr Lube: Doing it right. Before Your Eyes® is hilarious. I cannot believe that any company was willing to go for a slogan so absolutely charged with sexual innuendo, let alone one called Mr. Lube. The slogan would be perfect if Mr Lube were to be a place where you could get work done on your car, or the name of a Pimp.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home