Thursday, August 18, 2005

Communism Just Doesn't Fly...

As I have mentioned a few times before, my I.Q. drops about 50 points during the night, and doesn't recover until at least five minutes after I've woken up. Therefore, as soon as I wake up, I'm retarded for a few minutes.

...I've also mentioned before that I wake up to the TV instead of an alarm clock, since I like to catch a bit of the news in the morning.

When you put these two together, you can sometimes get some pretty interesting results. Like yesterday morning, for example. I happened to hear something about a Canadian CF-18 fighter jet crashing during a training excercise in Quebec. The only reason that I paid any attention to it was because it seems the last few weeks have been a bad few weeks to fly (what with the crashes in Greece and Venezuela). Then I thought that I heard that the pilot, Captain Karl Marx, ejected to safety.

...wait a minute...Captain Karl Marx?


Captain Karl Marx, Defender of the Proletariat, is out to kick some Bourgeois ass

Ah, Captain Karl. Your plane flew in theory, but it just didn't work in the real world.

Unfortunately, it turns out that the pilot's name was actually "Colin Marks", which I apparently missed in my morning stupor. I suppose it's for the best. That kid would have been bugged mercilessly in Grade 9 social studies class.

1 Comments:

At 10:02 a.m., Blogger Keith said...

Captain Karl Marx is aweseme. I cannot wait until he rises from the dead to rule all the lands with an iron fist!

I just hope his super-power isn't flight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home