Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The Power Of Poo

The other night I was woken up rather rudely by my bowels letting me know that it was time to poo. In fact, they made it quite clear that it was time to poo. The fact that it was 2:30am didn't matter to them. That's the joy about having Irritable Bowel Syndrome: if you've ever wanted to be woken up from a peaceful slumber because of gut-wrenching cramps, then boy howdy you're in luck.

To make matters worse, not only am I on the can at 2:30am with my insides feeling like they're churning butter, but my nose is completely plugged up. Some of you may argue that I might not want to smell my foul deeds and a stuffy nose is a good thing, but I'd much rather be able to breathe normally. Besides, another wonderful thing about IBS: just because your stomach tells you that you need to poo doesn't mean you'll be able to poo right away.

Case in point: I was sitting there for an hour before I was finally able to go. Seriously, an hour.

Funny thing, though...once I finally did poo, my nose cleared up.

I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

On another note, there is a funny thing that I've noticed about the medication that I take for IBS. I decided to look up some of the side effects of these pills, and I found that they included possibility of: intestinal discomfort, constipation, and diarrhea (among others).

Intestinal discomfort...constipation...and diarrhea. In other words, possible side effects are that IT MIGHT NOT FUCKING WORK AT ALL!

1 Comments:

At 2:50 p.m., Blogger rebecca marie said...

it may as well say "warning! may cause irritable bowel syndrome."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home