Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Moving On...

I successfully made the move from Edmonton to Calgary this past weekend, and now that I've got my internet back up, I can resume my busy schedule of wasting time.

But seriously, moving can be quite taxing on the body. Mrs Humble had been getting stuff packed up for weeks, so when we got the moving truck on Friday, we'd be all ready to go. However, it was just going to be the two of us moving all of our crap into the truck...and we have a lot of crap. Loading the truck became an all-day affair.

Moving can also be quite taxing on your relationship with your significant other. You both know that it's going to be stressful, and you both try to maintain a pleasant demeanour, but it's really hard when your exhausted. Consider this re-enactment*:

8:30am
Mr Humble Guy: Okay, we got the truck! Let's get this sucker packed up!
Mrs Humble: I can't believe we're packing up to move to Calgary! I love you!
Mr Humble Guy: I love you too sweetie!

11:00am
Mr Humble Guy: Whew! This is tough. Let's take a short break...my legs are a bit sore.
Mrs Humble: Okay, but I want to get back to it right away.
Mr Humble Guy: ...okay, forget about it. Let's go. Love you.
Mrs Humble: Love you too.

2:00pm
Mr Humble Guy: Don't put that box there!
Mrs Humble: Why the hell not?
Mr Humble Guy: CAUSE I GOT A FUCKING SYSTEM AND THAT BOX DOESN'T GO THERE, THAT'S WHY

2:01pm
Mr Humble Guy: I'm sorry I yelled. I love you
Mrs Humble: It's okay. I love you too

2:05pm
Mr Humble Guy: I'M NOT SORRY I YELLED ANYMORE!!!
Mrs Humble: YOU'RE THE ANTICHRIST!!!

2:06pm
Mr Humble Guy: Sorry
Mrs Humble: Sorry

5:00pm
Mr Humble Guy: Holy fucking shit, we've been loading fucking shit into that fucking truck all fucking day and we still have tons of fucking shit left to load
Mrs Humble: ...your point is very subtle...

7:00pm
Conversation has descended to pointing and grunting

8:00pm
My brother Dan arrives to help
Dan: Well you guys have been packing all day, and if you keep trying to Tetris everything in here, we'll be here all night. It's time to just start tossing shit in.
Mr Humble Guy: (approving grunt)
Mrs Humble: (approving grunt)

11:00pm
Mr Humble Guy: (grunt)..mm.nrr...sonofa...(grunt)...mrrr...done...
Mrs Humble: (blink)
Mr Humble Guy: ...love you...
Mrs Humble: (grunt)

* This "re-enactment" is an extreme exaggeration of actual events. All quotes are not "word for word" or even "accurate" and "may not have even happened". The grunts, on the other hand, are 100% accurate...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home