Monday, July 25, 2005

Meow...

I meant to post this on Friday, but I was at a meeting for most of the day and was unable to get to a computer. Odd that I should actually be working when I'm at work...

Anyway, I had to pick up a business contact from the airport on Friday morning. The kicker was that we had never met before, and only really talked once on the phone together. I had no idea what he looked like. His boss told him that I looked like a short Ashton Kutcher, so there was no way he was going to find me. Basically, my plan was to find the guy who was walking around looking confused.

Once I found out which gate he would be arriving at, I took a seat by the "Oversize and/or Fragile Baggage" conveyor and waited for his plane to land. Now, normal baggage conveyors at airports look something like this:



Notice that this system goes in a loop. That way, if someone isn't there to pick up the luggage, it comes around again on the conveyor. It's important to note that it stays on the conveyor.

While not an exact picture, the "Oversize and/or Fragile Baggage" conveyor is a system like this:



Notice that this system does not go in a loop. Notice the sharp dropoff at the end of the conveyor system. Notice the lack of a pillow or other cushioning material on the floor in the dropoff area.

You're probably thinking something like I was: Well, they must have a sensor at the end or something to prevent anything from actually dropping off. Obviously, the conveyor wouldn't just keep running, dropping any potentially fragile baggage to the hard floor.


So, this cat in a carrier came onto the conveyor...

1 Comments:

At 10:00 p.m., Blogger mr_humble_guy said...

Sorry, Elisabeth. I've got the whole "lack-of-creativity" thing going on right now...new post should be soon though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home