Wednesday, March 02, 2005

My Brother: The Computer Genius

My main computer at home has been fubar'd since shortly after Christmas. Now, I'm not a moron when it comes to computers, but I was pretty sure that this problem was completely out of my hands. In fact, I was convinced that I pretty much needed a new one of everything for my computer to be working again.

My brother, who has computer skills the likes of which I will never understand, believed quite the opposite. He was sure that it was something simple, and that he would be able to fix it. Being that I'm always right and my meager computer skills are obviously enough to diagnose the state of health of my computer, I let him believe his little fantasy that he can fix my demon machine with mere mortal tools. So he takes my computer back with him to his place while I secretly plan on buying a ton of computer parts.

Just a few minutes ago, my brother came on Messenger with some news. The conversation went basically like this:

Dan: So I'm on your computer now
Mr Humble Guy: Really? That's great! How'd you fix it?
Dan: Popped the battery out and put it back in
Mr Humble Guy: ...you're teasing, right?
Dan: No, it clears the CMOS settings

Mr Humble Guy: ...you've got to be shitting me...
Dan: No, I'm not
Mr Humble Guy: ...fuck...


Of course, I never doubted him for a second. I knew he could fix it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home