Monday, May 16, 2005

Read this, you epididymis...

Last week, I referred to a website called Commercials I Hate. Well, today, I'd like to make my own contribution. Have you seen this new commercial for Coke with Lime? It alters the lyrics to the Harry Nilsson song "Coconut" to say, "You put the Lime in the Coke, you nut..."

"Nut" is an odd word to use, isn't it? I know that they used it to make it similar to the original song, but I can't really think of a positive connotation to calling someone a "nut". Since I'm pretty sure they're not trying to call me a hexagonal piece of metal hardware, I've deduced that they're either trying to make an assumption of my mental instability or they are calling me a slang term for a testicle. Either way, I don't think it's a great selling feature. I seem to recall a prediction by Conan O'Brien in his, "In the Year 2000" skit, that said something along the lines of, "Coke and Pepsi will merge to form a company so powerful, and so conceited, that they'll name their product, 'Drink This, You Sucky Loserface' "

Seriously, labelling someone a human reproductive organ, slang or no slang, doesn't usually yield a favorable response. Here are some examples:

Hey Cunt! Pass the salad!

What time is it, Cock?

You left your keys in your car, you Vas Deferens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home